Worship at UUCC
At UUCC, we strive to provide meaningful and memorable worship services that will uplift and inspire. Understanding that worship is a collaborative art form, the Worship Weavers work with our ministers, staff, guest speakers and music and arts director to create and present worship services that weave together music and arts, visuals and spoken word that elicit a meaningful, thoughtful experience.
Our Unitarian Universalist worship format can often feel like a Protestant style service. We are not Christian, but our denomination was formed from the roots of two Christian denominations. Our theme based services have a common feel with the inclusion of readings, prayer and meditation, music, sermons or reflections, dramatic presentations, stories for children, and silence.
UUCC is a welcoming congregation. Whoever you are, whatever your faith journey, whomever you love, you are welcome here. We welcome all who seek to know the Sacred, and all who seek to make our world more just. We hope that that you will visit us soon and that you will be inspired to return often.
Our Sunday morning worship meets at 10:00, with children attending the first 15 minutes of worship, then leaving for an age appropriate religious education class. Occasionally, our services are multi-generational with topics that all ages can access and appreciate.
UUCC Board of Stewards
1. All individuals within the building must wear a mask and maintain physical distancing at all times.
2. Indoor, in-person meetings shall be held in the sanctuary, with a maximum number of 25 people.
3. All onsite meetings must be scheduled by Raymond Cady, our Congregational Administrator.
4. Outside on our land, masks are mandatory if physical distancing cannot be achieved.
Furthermore, as Rev. Kayla shared, the UUCC Board of Stewards approved a cautious goal date of February 27, 2022, to begin multiplatform (both in-person and online/streamed) services. This remains the Board’s goal with the following conditions:
1. Sanctuary capacity for in-person worship will be limited to 50 individuals or fewer, pending Covid act now data levels.
2. All individuals (children and adults) attending in-person worship will be required to show proof of full Covid vaccination, including a primary series (1st and 2nd dose) and booster dose (if eligible: 2 months after Janssen/J&J vaccine, 5 months after Pfizer-BioNTech primary series, or 6 months after Moderna primary series).
3. All individuals within the building must continue wearing a mask and maintaining physical distance at all times.
In addition to the above precautions, UUCC will increase heating ventilation and open windows while people are in the sanctuary. Due to the Covid health risk for children, RE will not take place in person during multiplatform services, but will still be occurring online. Childcare will not be available during services, but vaccinated children are welcome in the sanctuary. If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact members of the Board: you can send us an email by clicking on our names below, or you can locate our contact information in the OneChurch Directory.
Diane Christensen, Moderator
Brian Linvill, Vice-Moderator
Melissa Gostel, Secretary
Erik Craft, Finance Chair
Jean Smith, Leadership Council, Chair
Peter deFur, Operations Council, Chair
Colin Ferguson, Member-at-Large